The Front-End Dev Mauritius community, in partnership with OTAM, MITIA and CCIFM, is organising its first Front-End Code Camp this weekend. The event will take place over a full day at La Turbine, Vivéa Business Park located in Moka. This tech gathering aims to bring together different patricians around workshops dedicated to web technologies (mainly HTML, CSS, and Javascipt) and connected objects.
About 100 participants are expected to attend
Registration was a great success, with over 100 participants reserving their place, so that there are no more places available! The majority of participants are students and young people between the ages of 18 and 25, who represent 60% of the total number of participants. You can find out more about the participants’ profiles on this link.
The Front-End Code Camp format
What is NodeSchool and freeCodeCamp?
NodeSchool and FreeCodeCamp are two open source and community platforms that meet regularly and across the globe working groups. Their objectives are to raise awareness and improve the web skills of everyone.
- FreeCodeCamp includes a series of exercises (Front-End, Back-End, Fullstack…), leading to a concrete project to put online (on CodePen.io or Github.com). At the end of the course, a training certificate is also available for download, proving the completion of the modules.
The objectives of the Front-End Code Camp
This Front-End Code Camp aims to:
- to allow beginners or professionals to practice programming in a supervised environment,
- tooffer opportunities to meet and share with people who want to discover or become better in web development and technologies,
- to create links between students and the business world through coaching offered by professionals,
- to communicate in order to sensitize and mobilize Mauritians on the job opportunities in the digital sector,
- to provide ongoing training so that everyone feels more involved in their personal/professional development,
- tobroaden the pool of skills in web development.
Organization of the day on Saturday, July 1, 2017
- 09:30 – Welcome of participants
- 09:35 – Opening
- 09:50 – 1st part of the Front-end code camp (3 workshops)
- 11:00 am – Facebook live on the Front-End Dev Mauritius page
- 12:15 – Lunch
- 1:15pm – 2nd part of the Front-end code camp (3 workshops)
- 14h00 – Facebook live on the Front-End Dev Mauritius page
- 15:15 – Rewarding the winners of the quizzes and challenges and closing ceremony
About the Front-End Dev Mauritius community