This year, the NxSE forum, a meeting place for Tech in the Indian Ocean welcomed no less than 900 participants and 60 exhibitors on the site of MOCA in Saint Denis.
Since 2016, Digital Reunion has been organizing the NxSE forum, which brings together Tech players from all over the Africa/Indian Ocean/Europe zone in one place: the island of Reunion, a recognized French Tech territory. As we mentioned in this article, the forum aims to facilitate business meetings, develop digital skills and promote openness to the Indian Ocean region. This year, the themes of recovery and acceleration of the digital transformation of companies were the thematic pillars of this edition and it is 4 levers of recovery that represented the thread of the conferences that took place.
Thus, this sixth edition of the Business Forum NxSe opened its doors from December 7 to 9. During three days, 900 visitors and 60 different exhibitors attended the event: more than twenty conferences, workshops and feedbacks animated by national speakers and local actors of economic sectors.
6 Digital Awards Winners
The closing ceremony was an opportunity to designate the 6 winners of the second edition of the Digital Awards of Reunion, a competition organized by Digital Reunion in partnership with the Region Reunion, whose winners are designated 50% by the score of a metropolitan and Reunionese jury, and 50% by public vote.
At the end of the competition, more than 2,000 votes were collected and awarded:
– In the ” Best Digital Transformation Project” category: the #Orthophonie project, led by Aude Fresnay
– In the ” Digital Inclusion” category: the Webcup association for the “Free tablets for our pensioners” project carried out in partnership with the Orange Foundation
– In the ” Innovative Digital” category: Innuendo, an e-health startup project designed to reduce the diagnosis time for women suffering from endometriosis, led by Nolan Routel and Séphora Panchaya, students at EPITECH
– In the category ” Best digital communication campaign“: Agence.re for the campaign conducted for Delonghi Reunion
– In the category ” Best website made with the Digital Cheque” : Agence.re for the e-commerce website of VTS Réunion
– In the category ” Digital talent 2021” Mr. Thierry Calderon, CEO of Marketing Management IO
Finally, Stéphane Colombel, President of Digital Reunion, took advantage of the evening to announce that the association had won the call for projects launched by BPI France as part of the stimulus package: Supporting VSEs/SMEs in their digital transformation. The association will have 18 months to support 1500 companies in Reunion in their digitalization.
Cyber Challenge winners announced
Organized in partnership with DEETS, the Cyber Challenge was won by the Dream Team of Chloé Eleonie, Arnaud Latchoumane and Gabriel Lechat. This team distinguished itself in front of a multidisciplinary panel of jurors (DEETS, Académie de la Réunion, Collectif Elianna, IHEDN, Gendarmerie Nationale) by presenting the best communication campaign for the fight against cyber harassment. The project will be broadcast on the social networks of Reunion in 2022.
In addition, during the 3 days, the Digi’Quizz, a giant quiz of digital and air culture saw 12 pairs of visitors and NxSE exhibitors compete. The winners won 2 round trips between Reunion and Paris.